Thursday, February 26, 2009

Tribute to Nala

Yesterday would have been Nala's 13th birthday. Seeing the reminder on my phone, I realised just how much I missed her. How each time she would welcome me home, even though she's sleepy. How she used to lay claim her spot on our bed. How she would lick my tears off my face when you-know-who made me cry. How she would curl up in my arms and we'd both fall asleep. How she'd listen to me pouring out my grievances and seem to understand. How she'd play catch with me. How she used to lie down on my Harry Potter book when I wanted to read it. How she'd keep me company when I watched LOTR for hours. How she used to sulk when I had to be away in Stockholm for work. How she'd be on my lap when she's sick and vying for some TLC.

Nala, though you are no longer with me, you will always live in my heart. I could not ask for a better daughter. I know you are in a better place now and I hope to be with you again one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment