Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Rain, rain, go away

Who would have thought parking my car at Dataran Merdeka would make a runner out of me...it has been raining heavily since 3pm yesterday and I told myself I should go back sharp at 5:45pm to avoid any unforseen incidents (car park turning into a swimming pool). But as my boss was giving out tasks to complete, I was focused on the research I had to do that I didn't realise it was already 6pm. Suddenly someone said "the river is at its brim, go back!"

I quickly switched off my PC and hurried out of the office. Walking towards Dataran, I could see the river next to it almost overflowing to the street. That made me sprint to the basement parking lot. Syukur Alhamdulillah, it was still dry. Panting in car (due to the infrequent running activity), I drove out quickly and headed towards the old train station as I guessed Jln Parlimen & Duta would be flooded...and I was right...

Am just glad that I escaped this time around. Now aren't you glad you're not working in KL?

No comments:

Post a Comment