Sunday, March 22, 2009

Sacrifices I Made...

Was watching episode 10 of Desperate Housewives' Season 5 (while folding clothes, I always have to watch something while doing housework)- when Carlos got his sight back and noticed how Gaby's closet seems to be void of designer clothes, shoes, handbags and jewelry. He then realised just how much Gaby has sacrificed for him. So when Gaby came back with the base ball signed by Lou Gehrig, which she sold earlier to make mortgage payments, what Carlos did later just choked me up. He sold it and with the money, he bought her a beautiful designer dress...

Now, my closet was never filled with designer wear and I have no illusions of hubby doing something like that for me. He didn't even get it (he can be quite moist) when I made him watch that scene.

What I'm trying to say is, sometimes you sacrifice something in life, for the sake of love. If you hope that your other half (or his dysfunctional family) is gonna notice, think again. It's just you against the world, kid...

1 comment:

  1. "Not only is life a bitch, it has puppies."

    Remember 'the Secret'.
    Tho you constantly remind yourself of the technique, you found out that life still haven't thrown you a shower of roses.

    Just keep trying and remember that your immediate family is still here to support you.

    No matter what.

    ReplyDelete