Thursday, April 2, 2009

Blind spot

Have you always turned a blind eye when it comes to your family? My hubby does. He has this irritating brother and everyone (with the right mind) can see that. But when I complained about his distasteful remarks in a family function, my hubby brushed it off and said - "He's my brother".

I think my hubby is oblivious when it comes to his family. They can treat him like shit and he will just take it. An example - I wanted to spend this year's Raya in Kuantan since my brother is not coming back - his daughter is facing SPM this year and the exam date is close to Raya. So I shared what I thought was good news. Never having a "kampung" to go back to, I've always looked forward going to Kuantan. The last time we did, hubby didn't follow since he couldn't take leave. So imagine my frustration when he said, "but Mak wants us to celebrate Raya with her this year at her new house".

After a day of retaliation, hubby agreed to follow me to Kuantan and said Mak is ok with it. One of his nieces said - "We don't really care where you spend Raya, as long as you don't take away our Nenek."

He doesn't realise that he is no longer an important member of his family. He lost that 'privilege' the day he married me and can no longer lavish his family with cash and gifts. He doesn't see that and I feel sorry for him. But most of the time, I just feel like hitting him on the head...

2 comments:

  1. dont la say he's no longer important since he married you... probably cos they know he's in good hands and dont have to worry so much as before???

    The Secret my dear, The Secret.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew you'd post something to irritate me...

    ReplyDelete