Sunday, July 26, 2009

Obsession Ain't A Good Thing

I've never been great at handling addiction. Be it food, or games, people or movies... When I was 'high' on "Lord of the Rings" (LOTR) the movie, I have been known to splurge good money on the action figures and other memorabilia. I saw the movie countless times in the cinema until I could recite the dialogue word for word. Heck, I was busy stalking cinema goers at most TGV cinemas (KLCC, 1U, Sunway Pyramid & Klang), trying to pry their LOTR ticket stubs out of their grubby hands that someone actually brushed me off with a dollar! Then I started seeing stubs everywhere and thought nothing of sticking my hand into the garbage bin as long as it meant I was one stub richer...

Then when I was enamoured by Mawi, I bought tickets to see the concert each week. I spent money again voting for him. Bought magazines that featured him and drove to KL one weekend just to take pictures with him...Thank God it ended when he married that floozie.

Now when I thought the worse was over, someone introduced me to Farm Ville and Farm Town, a game in Face Book. Before I knew it, I was busy harvesting at wee hours of the morning. As I don't have access to Face Book at work, I've been known to call my hubby to "harvest" my crops for me, lest they go to waste if I don't do it on time. On weekends, my housework would revolve around my 'crops'. I'd have a timer so that I knew precisely as what time my crops needed to be harvested. Still don't think I'm a basket case?

Just wait till you get an invitation from me to join Farm Ville and Farm Town...

1 comment:

  1. i understand.. i'm still up at this hour cos i need to make sure that a big worm or weeds dont grow on my farm while i'm asleep..
    so i try to the very last second i can keep my eyes open to check up on them.. lol... terrible!!

    ReplyDelete